Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the symbolism of the smashed Spino skeleton good enough for you?
(03-24-2017, 06:02 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 03:54 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: I see the Indominus final roar as her being defiant to the end. She probably knew she was going to die but she still was prepared to keep on fighting  until the fight was over.

Yeah but if anything that Works agains the argument of making the T Rex species a badass again since Rexy threw it her everything and Indominous was still able to stand up and able to roar and seem like ready for more.

On the other hand Spinosaurus (A fish eater) is able to break a T Rex´s neck in like 2 seconds?

Alright guys, time to give this discussion a little rest. Everyone's been able to express their thoughts and ideas, but it's going in circles now. I kindly ask you to refrain from debating the matter of the Tyrannosaurus vs. the Spinosaurus for now.

(To be clear, this is not because the debate isn't civil. No warnings will be issued. It's simply because this is a discussion that has, in the past, caused neverending online fights within the fandom and I want to prevent that from happening.)
(03-24-2017, 11:37 PM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote: Why exactly does it matter which dinosaur was "tougher" anyways? If it's your favorite dinosaur, then who cares that in that in this one particular circumstance a Spinosaurus was able to take it down.

I love T. Rex to death, but I'm open to the fact that there were probably a lot of dinosaurs that could have taken one down in a fight (IRL).

Doesn't change the fact that it will always be my favorite dinosaur, regardless how "tough" it was, or how it was portrayed in a shitty sequel to my favorite movie.

Because the first 2 films (favorites of many) establish that the T Rex is the greatest predator, (and that is a direct quote). And that is one of the major reasons why many love those films. That´s why it pissed so many people off to see JP3 trying to establish as hard as they could that the Rexes were never really that great and that this other species will always humilliate them. It´s kind of changing the canon they loved.

But that does not mean anyone thinks the T Rex is invincible.

(03-25-2017, 08:02 AM)Neelis Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 03:54 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: I see the Indominus final roar as her being defiant to the end. She probably knew she was going to die but she still was prepared to keep on fighting  until the fight was over.

Yeah but if anything that Works agains the argument of making the T Rex species a badass again since Rexy threw it her everything and Indominous was still able to stand up and able to roar and seem like ready for more.

On the other hand Spinosaurus (A fish eater) is able to break a T Rex´s neck in like 2 seconds?

Alright guys, time to give this discussion a little rest. Everyone's been able to express their thoughts and ideas, but it's going in circles now. I kindly ask you to refrain from debating the matter of the Tyrannosaurus vs. the Spinosaurus for now.

(To be clear, this is not because the debate isn't civil. No warnings will be issued. It's simply because this is a discussion that has, in the past, caused neverending online fights within the fandom and I want to prevent that from happening.)

I will refrain, but note that this has gone for many pages now and everyone has been civil for the most part. So that is evidence that not always the Rex Spino debate leads into fights.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
(03-25-2017, 03:52 AM)Dr. Wu Wrote: I actually like JP3 so it being called a "shitty sequel" kinda makes me sad that's how it's mostly thought of.

Other than that, I agree with you Tyrant Lizard.

Sorry bud. If you get something out of JP3 that I don't, all the power in the world to you! Cool
(03-25-2017, 12:20 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote: But that does not mean anyone thinks the T Rex is invincible.

Lets say the rematch does happen with the Rex of course being victorious but later on a new theropod shows up and fights and kills a Rex.

You say no one thinks the T Rex is invincible but wouldn't that piss you off?
(03-21-2017, 07:12 AM)Rex Revenge Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 09:08 PM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 07:54 AM)Rex Revenge Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:46 AM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 10:06 PM)NeonMediaKJT Wrote: Definitely enough. I can't think of a scenario where a T-Rex v Spino rematch would work without seeming forced.

That's cuz there isn't one Tongue

There are some scenarios in wich a rematch can work without being forced.

One would be the underground animal fights. Like people who organize dog fights or rooster fights (as cruel as they are) but they are very common. And in the cannon of the movies dinosaurs now seem to be a common everyday thing, well there could be millionaires trying to arrange fights between a T Rex and a Spino, and then PETA would react to it and it goes along with the theme of JW2 (and the series) wich is dinosaur rights and man being arrogant with nature.

The other scenario could be a scene in either isla sorna or if it is on a city, everyone knows in Jurassic at some point everthing goes crazy and many dinosaurs escape, so it is not that strange to have both a Rex and a Spino bump into each other and fight among the chaos. After all these are 2 top predators. And top predators often fight each other like Lions and Hyenas.

From an in-film perspective that might not seem forced, but from an outside perspective it would still seem incredibly unnecessary and look like nothing but a thinly veiled attempt to appease the ever dwindling sect of people who still think the idea of a rematch is relevant.

Like I always say, art is relative and subjective. If something is forced, neccessary or unnecessary in a film it depends on who is looking at it.

If you look at Jurassic World you will see that a lot of the things that happened in the movie were considered by many to be fan service just for the sake of nostalgia (Return to Nublar, another park, visit to the old visitors center just to see it, riding the old jeeps, making the raptors look like the old JP design instead of the updated JP3 design). 

So one could argue that Jurassic World had plenty of forced and unnnecesary fanservice if one prefers a franchise to only bring new things. But others really enjoyed the references, and nods to the original film that they grew up with. Wich one is wrong and who is right? Neither are. What is neccessary or unnnecessary or forced depends on what fan in particular is looking for.

By the way, the fact that the topic of the rematch is still being talked about (and arguably still the most controversial topic in the franchise) even after 16 years tells you that it is still indeed a very relevant topic not only among hardcore fans but also some of the casual fans.

It's only still a "relevant" topic because you (RexRevenge) keep digging it up. You are the only person on any of these forums or any other fan site who seems to give a rat's ass about a rematch. Seriously stop being so annoying and just drop the issue. No one cares. If you would just look at all the responses from this feed, no one else cares or agrees with you. You are entitled to your own opinion, but stop making it such a mind numbing thing to talk about.

(03-22-2017, 04:29 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 03:49 PM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 03:46 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: Part of thinks the rematch should happen with the Rex being victorious so the supporters of it can be pleased but part of me still thinks it's not necessary.

Part of me thinks the rematch should happen with the Spino kicking the crap out of the Rex again just for the lols.

And I say that as a Rex fanboy.

Imagine Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. Darth Vader humilliates Luke.

Then imagine if in Return of the Jedi, after 2 movies of fans rooting for Luke he once again gets humilliated by Vader. End of the series we have to accept it that way grow up and move on.

Do you really think that fans would react well to that?

By the way I respect every fan feeling a different way about the movies but isn´t saying you are a big Rex fanboy and getting happy about it getting humilliated yet agains isn´t like saying you are a big Lebron James fan while also hoping he plays terrible and loses badly?

(03-22-2017, 04:22 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: But could a rematch alienate those who don't want it and are excited for JW2? That's why the nod was in JW, it was a compromise.

And yes, every franchise has fan debates/wars but why can't those who want the rematch just say "T. Rex is and will always be the icon of the franchise despite what happen in JP3"?

Why does a rematch must happen to prove a T. Rex can beat a Spino? Symbolically, JW proved the Rex will always be the icon even when it lost one on one with the Indominus.

The franchise isn't about dino fights so why should one dino fight mean anything. The T. Rex lost and it was a mistake but it was symbolically corrected. Why can't that be good enough I have trouble understanding.

Those who don´t want a rematch (or that really hate the idea) are a tiny minority that is just very vocal about it and presents itself as the voice of everyone.

The reality is that many in the hardcore fanbase and casual audience would at the very least like to see a rematch, the rest are neutral or indifferent to it. But those who are really really against it are very very very few.

So it is more like half are in favor, half are neutral or indifferent, rather than being very opposed to the idea or feeling hatred for it.

(03-22-2017, 04:22 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: But could a rematch alienate those who don't want it and are excited for JW2? That's why the nod was in JW, it was a compromise.

And yes, every franchise has fan debates/wars but why can't those who want the rematch just say "T. Rex is and will always be the icon of the franchise despite what happen in JP3"?

Why does a rematch must happen to prove a T. Rex can beat a Spino? Symbolically, JW proved the Rex will always be the icon even when it lost one on one with the Indominus.

The franchise isn't about dino fights so why should one dino fight mean anything. The T. Rex lost and it was a mistake but it was symbolically corrected. Why can't that be good enough I have trouble understanding.

Because no one questions its status as icon, what the hate is that they established this other species will always humilliate the iconic species.

A symbolic nod does not prove otherwise. That is like saying Pacquiao beat Mayweather on a rematch because he broke a picture of Mayweather. That does not establish he can defeat him on an actual fight.

If anything the Jurassic World established that Rexes always have trouble fighting large therapods. That´s why Jurassic World is not enough.

And while the franchise is not exactly called Jurassic Fights, every movie in the franchise has had dinosaurs fighting. Because it is a bit of a one trick pony franchise, it´s either dino fights or yet another movie of dinosaurs running around chasing people.

So when you look at it from those shoes, the idea of a rematch is not as absurd as some make it out to be.

Okay, okay wait. Seriously, "those who don't want a rematch are a tiny minority"? Where is your evidence? Literally everyone else on this board either said they don't want a rematch or are indifferent about it. Seems like you got your statistics confused.

(03-25-2017, 12:20 PM)Rex Revenge Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 11:37 PM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote: Why exactly does it matter which dinosaur was "tougher" anyways? If it's your favorite dinosaur, then who cares that in that in this one particular circumstance a Spinosaurus was able to take it down.

I love T. Rex to death, but I'm open to the fact that there were probably a lot of dinosaurs that could have taken one down in a fight (IRL).

Doesn't change the fact that it will always be my favorite dinosaur, regardless how "tough" it was, or how it was portrayed in a shitty sequel to my favorite movie.

Because the first 2 films (favorites of many) establish that the T Rex is the greatest predator, (and that is a direct quote). And that is one of the major reasons why many love those films. That´s why it pissed so many people off to see JP3 trying to establish as hard as they could that the Rexes were never really that great and that this other species will always humilliate them. It´s kind of changing the canon they loved.

But that does not mean anyone thinks the T Rex is invincible.

(03-25-2017, 08:02 AM)Neelis Wrote:

I will refrain, but note that this has gone for many pages now and everyone has been civil for the most part. So that is evidence that not always the Rex Spino debate leads into fights.
Okay RexRevenge, make up your mind you just said here that you would refrain and then went on and on replying to more posts. I understand it's all been civil but how in the world did this discussion get this far? I'm starting to understand why it was a banned topic on JPLegacy.
(04-27-2017, 05:17 PM)EbbTideextra Wrote: Okay RexRevenge, make up your mind you just said here that you would refrain and then went on and on replying to more posts. I understand it's all been civil but how in the world did this discussion get this far? I'm starting to understand why it was a banned topic on JPLegacy.

That's enough. I wanted to keep this thread open for possible future debate when more details of the new film will be released, but this post shows that there's no use for it. 

I'm going to ask one of the administrators to close the thread.