Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (un)canceled Jurassic World Video Game
Let's talk about that game!

What we know: Unreal Engine 4, Likely F2P, probably still a Action TPS MMO, Open World.

I wonder if they'll show it off at e3? Perfect timing for #JurassicJune!
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
I hope they show it off! What we saw of the game looked insanely good.
I hope they expand it to be a wide-release, big, huge game instead of it's download-only status that was previously reported.
That would be good. Full console release. Initially it was supposed to be a movie tie-in right?
I want to be optimistic about this, because a Jurassic game is so very long overdue, but the possible free-to-play aspect of it has me worried. It may turn out well, of course, but it could also end up being a cash-grab, with those of us unwilling to throw money at it left with a largely featureless husk of a game. Still, I'll keep hoping for the best until we know what we're dealing with.
@JHNMCHLTNR | The JHN behind @thejhnfiles. Patiently waiting for Jurassic Park to become a reality.
(05-31-2016, 09:15 PM)Jack Wrote: That would be good. Full console release. Initially it was supposed to be a movie tie-in right?

I think that's what you guys reported, actually! haha.

Maybe them re-developing it means they want to expand it to be full-console. Sure, it'll probably have DLC's, but what game doesn't these days?
Yeah, I'll be honest, I have no idea if or how the game changed since its initial cancellation!

The first reports said you played as park staff member, working with dinosaurs and all that. From the videos, it looked like Chris Pratt's Owen was a playable character, but perhaps he was an NPC?

I'm very curious what the 'plot' will be. I expect it to be fairly story light, with an emphasis on quests and missions and some light world and story building spread throughout. But not really a big story arc.. just kinda, building the world up and exploring it. Which is cool if done right! Fingers crossed..
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
I agree with the concerns over free to play. That would be a major letdown for me as I'm really hoping this game goes to consoles.

I'm not a fan of mobile/free to play games. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but then again I'm sure there are a lot of us who would favor a great FPS or survival game on console.
Yeah, the free-to-play stuff is worrying.

(05-31-2016, 09:59 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Maybe them re-developing it means they want to expand it to be full-console. Sure, it'll probably have DLC's, but what game doesn't these days?

I don't think there's anything wrong with it having some DLC, as long as it's of the traditional sort — maybe new areas to explore, or something similar — but I'm worried that it might go down the same path as Jurassic World: The Game, which imposes frankly disgusting penalties on players who aren't willing to pay to progress. 

It's impossible to speculate given that we know almost nothing about the game, but imagine there was a stage in which you came face-to-face with the Indominus, say, and you had to find a way to escape. I'd be worried about it becoming a case of, 'Hey, this is really tricky — but if you just head to the PlayStation/Xbox Store and purchase this handy piece of equipment, it'll be much easier!'

I hope I'm just jumping the gun here, and worrying needlessly — obviously with it not being a mobile game, it's unlikely to take things as far as Jurassic World: The Game — but that's where my mind goes when I see/hear that something might be free-to-play.

As I say, though, I hope I'm wrong. I just want this game to be great, and can't help worrying about it being screwed up somehow.

— P.S. It's so good to be able to discuss this stuff long-form, instead of through a ridiculously long string of Tweets.
@JHNMCHLTNR | The JHN behind @thejhnfiles. Patiently waiting for Jurassic Park to become a reality.
I guess I'm not sure how free-to-play would work with this game. But I am glad it is back under production! The game assets that leaked before looked phenomenal and it looked like a lot of work had already been completely on it when it was cancelled. Aside from the Lego game, there hasn't been a good Jurassic Park video game of this type in a long time: the last one was the JP3 PS2 game... which was also cancelled.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube