Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else bothered by how TLW suffers from Titanic and Avatar syndome?
You cleverly skipped Ebert and Siskel's negative reviews there, and I've been doing some digging and find that many of them seem to match up with the current consensus which it currently holds on Rotten Tomatoes, 51%. I admit though, it was definitely more mixed than negative. but critics being split on it is not the same as the praise Titanic and Avatar initially received, nor has it's popularity dwindled. If anything, I hear more and more people talk about their love of The Lost World now.
(03-19-2017, 07:53 AM)evolution_rex Wrote: You cleverly skipped Ebert and Siskel's negative reviews there, and I've been doing some digging and find that many of them seem to match up with the current consensus which it currently holds on Rotten Tomatoes, 51%. I admit though, it was definitely more mixed than negative. but critics being split on it is not the same as the praise Titanic and Avatar initially received, nor has it's popularity dwindled. If anything, I hear more and more people talk about their love of The Lost World now.

No, I did not skip Ebert and Siskel´s reviews to be clever, I just wanted to show you that there were many positive reviews from film critics since on your previous post you more or less said that the movie recieved negative reviews from the majority of critics. And neither Ebert or Siskel´s reviews were really negative, more like mixed pointing out the good while explaining some things were not quite as great as the first movie but by no means are they saying it is a bad or terrible movie.

In fact I don´t think I have seen a review from a film critic giving TLW a negative review in 1997. Most are either somewhat mixed or positive. (Wich is why it´s weird to now see the internet acting like nobody liked TLW).

In fact, it´s rating at IMDB is 6.5. Wich is slightly above average. With some people being like ´´Whoa! Why does this film get such low reviews!?´´
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
International Movie database gives gratuitous rating for every movie, the fact that it's that low there surprises me. If you look on almost every other major movie rating site it's within 50% and 60%, which yes as I said in my last post, is mixed. I corrected myself when referring to it as largely negative.