Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Trevorrow no longer to direct Star Wars Episode 9
Thoughts?

Personally, I think Trevorrow is a good director but not a great one so maybe it's a good thing he won't direct the final film in the sequel trilogy.

I love Jurassic World but Star Wars is a much bigger franchise and maybe he just couldn't handle the pressure of rewriting the script when Carrie Fisher died and the negative reception of The Book of Henry didn't help (though audiences seemed to generally liked the film).
The things I've been hearing about Trevorrow have made me kinda nervous... hopefully The Last Jedi turns out alright lol
~ Titus 3: 11-13 ~                                                         
"Its ability to cause problems has certainly been confirmed!"
Known in other places as TheRexMan22!

I think Rian Johnson would be the likely candidate, since episode IX starts where episode VIII (his episode) left off.
[Image: t-rex-jurassic-park_wide-a2deb59155d62f2...s6-c30.jpg]
Trevorrow IMO is just not up for the task of making a great Star Wars film.

Compare Revenge of the Sith to Jurassic World. Are they great movies. (IMO) No. Are they fun movies. (IMO) Yes.

Trevorrow is more suited for simple entertainment films and comedy/drama films.
Why did Trevorrow abandoned the project?
Jurassic World has a good directing, but nothing really special. As far as I know the same film could be directed by an unknown guy and the result be the same.
"Hammond, after some consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park." 
(09-09-2017, 09:53 PM)alan grant Wrote: Why did Trevorrow abandoned the project?
Jurassic World has a good directing, but nothing really special. As far as I know the same film could be directed by an unknown guy and the result be the same.

Trevorrow himself was an unknown director when he took on the job of directing Jurassic World.
(09-13-2017, 06:35 PM)Neelis Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 09:53 PM)alan grant Wrote: Why did Trevorrow abandoned the project?

Trevorrow himself was an unknown director when he took on the job of directing Jurassic World.

Precisely. My point is that Trevorrow did not add anything special in the movie in his own respect. He is just one of thousands of directors.
"Hammond, after some consideration, I've decided not to endorse your park."