Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the novels better than the films?
I've read the first JP novel and I love it (maybe more than all of the JP films) but I have yet to read TLW but I own it.

Tell me though, what do you think? Are the novels better than the films in your opinion or vice versa and why? (for me it's more characterization)
(05-03-2017, 10:01 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: I've read the first JP novel and I love it (maybe more than all of the JP films) but I have yet to read TLW but I own it.

Tell me though, what do you think? Are the novels better than the films in your opinion or vice versa and why? (for me it's more characterization)

I personally think that Michael Crichton's books have a lot more to offer than the movies they were based. But, I also believe that what JP and TLW achieved during that time of the 90s with that kind of technology was more than satisfactory to my eyes. My opinion of TLW book: the book is quite different from the film, but in a good way. Also, there are characters that we've heard of in the movies and in the previous book that are more fleshed out with some new ones as well. The thrill factor that was in the first book is quite strong in this one. I also think The Lost World has a better grasp on commentary on an ecosystem such as this one on Isla Sorna. From experiences with reading books that have movies attached, there's always a difference between reading and watching. But the legacy of the franchise, in my opinion, makes the books as enjoyable as the movies.
I LOVE the Jurassic Park novel. Just love it. I could read it at least fifty more times, that's how good it is. But this was during my adolescent years -- it was when, during my childhood, that I was introduced to the Jurassic Park thing, by watching the movies. And though the novels are brilliant in every sense of the word, it simply doesn't compare to the dumbstruck wonder I experienced watching Jurassic Park and The Lost World as a 4-year-old kid. So the movies take the cake, at least in my opinion.
~ Titus 3: 11-13 ~                                                         
"Its ability to cause problems has certainly been confirmed!"
Known in other places as TheRexMan22!