Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Which is better?
The books
The films
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Books vs. The Films
I love both so it's hard for me to choose. I suppose it'll be the films since I saw them first.

Which do YOU think is better?
Well, the books are very contemplative and much more in-depth, but the films really help but the magic and horror on-screen, and you can actually understand the scale and speed of the dinosaurs and such. I've gotta go for the films.
woah

he put a feather in his hat and called it macaroni.
The book is one of the very few books I've read all the way through. It's great, but only a film can be accompanied with awesome John Williams music and amazing sound design. Seriously, a huge chunk of the magic is in the sound. So for me, film it is!
It depends. If you prefer horror and a lot of action, then the books will do fine. But, the films are more light heated with charm and magic that is hard to capture in movies. Also the sound effects, music, and digital design of the movies make me prefer it more. Of course the characters too are also what makes me enjoy the film, and the sequels (The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic World).
The books are great books and the movies are even better movies. I thoroughly enjoy both iterations, but I think this one has to go to the movies because I was introduced to them first, and there's a sense of . . . magic . . . to them that can't be replicated through a book. At least I think so.
~ Titus 3: 11-13 ~                                                         
"Its ability to cause problems has certainly been confirmed!"
Known in other places as TheRexMan22!

After rereading JP I more torn on which I think is better. The films do get the majestic feeling across better but in the books you can still get that wonder feeling. Plus the books are more darker which I do like but I also like how some of the deaths happen off screen like Nedry's death in the film that made you picture it in your mind (also even the deaths that happen on screen are not near as graphic as the book death scenes.)

The books and movies are probably going to be a tie for me.
They are very different media. The books contain far more information, and just a little more character development for some of the characters, while the films are more concise and have a tighter story.

One thing the film certainly does better is Grant's development. He starts out disliking children; as the story progresses, he gets to know Tim and Lex a little and learns not all children are horrible to be around.